Okay, this isn’t the best picture, and there are few things that need to be changed, but I’m too excited about this not to post it anyway:
To get a better picture, I would have to be home on a sunny day with my husband and no kids around to have a decent photo session. Thus, the timer-assisted photo is all you get.
Here’s one with flash that’s a bit brighter, but the color is truer in the above pic:
Obviously, the second from the bottom button is a bit too low and has been fixed. Despite knitting a few gauge swatches, it’s still just a touch bigger around than I’d like so I only knitted 5 rows of the button bands to compensate a bit. I did knit it a bit longer in the body as I like my sweaters to hit around the top of my hips. I love how the color turned out. The yarn pooled a bit on the back but not much and overall the variegation is subtle.
Choosing buttons is hard–I mean, it can really change the look of a whole piece depending on what you get. Imagine if I had gone with, say, teapot shaped buttons. You would then describe it as “whimsical,” and I hate things that are whimsical.
I ended up going with these shell buttons that have a touch of a green shimmer to them. I think they add to the look of the whole piece. Really, I’m pretty proud of myself–not bad for a first sweater!
Next up, for the dinosaur obsessed toddler: